Pipe welder, MIG welder, TIG welder
Welder job description
Glaziers install and repair glass.
Average salary per year
Average range salary per year
£12,000 - £27,000
1. How to become – cards and qualifications
The easiest way to be become a welder is through an apprenticeship and once achieved you could then apply for trainee welder jobs.
You will need to have a CSCS card to work on a construction site. Please see the below CSCS cards available for welders and links for more information.
2. Skills duties
Skills you will need:
1. Strictly following instructions and drawings.
2. Cutting and joining metal and other materials into structures.
3. Shey cut materials into shapes and welding or joining them into structures.
4. Joining processes including gas metal arc welding (MIG and TIG).
3. Career progression
Newly trained: £16,000 – £19,000
Experienced: £20,000 – £30,000
Highly Experience: £35,000
Salaries depend on location, employer and any overtime you may do. Self-employed welding operatives set their own pay rates.