Carpenter, Joiner, bench joiner
Carpenter job description
Carpenters and joiners make and install wooden structures, fittings and furniture.
Average salary per year
Average range salary per year
£16,000 - £40,000
1. How to become – cards and qualifications
- An apprenticeship in carpentry and joinery
- College for a level 1, 2 or 3 diploma in carpentry and joinery
You will also need to have a CSCS card to work on a construction site. Please see the below CSCS cards available for carpenters and links for more information.
To obtain a CSCS card please click the below button to find your nearest CSCS test centre.
2. Skills duties
You will need:
- Good hands on practical skills with electrical machinery
- Mathematical skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
- Follow technical drawings and plans
- HSE – health and safety rules
3. Career progression
- Team leader
- Project manager
- With experience contracts management
- Specialise in areas such as stage sets or heritage restoration.
- Own business
5. Top carpenter job locations
6. Featured carpenter jobs
Construction Manager / Working Foreman Carpenter for Leading 20 Years North London Property Developer - London - 4 hours ago
Loft ConvertersWorking Foreman, Site Manager, Carpenter, Construction Manager, Multi Trade, Multi Trader, Multi Trade Operative, Plumber, Electrician, Builder, General Builder...VIEW JOB