Plasterer job description
Plasterers prepare walls and ceilings for decoration and finishing.
Average salary per year
Average range salary per year
£14,000 - £30,000
1. How to become – cards and qualifications required for roofer
To get into plastering you could start an apprenticeship scheme with a plastering firm, alternatively there are NVQ’s you can take at college:
LEVEL 2 NVQ – DIPLOMA IN PLASTERING (FIBROUS)
LEVEL 3 NVQ -DIPLOMA IN PLASTERING
LEVEL 3 NVQ – DIPLOMA IN OCCUPATIONAL WORK SUPERVISION
LEVEL 3 CONSTRUCTION DIPLOMA – PLASTERING TRAINING QUALIFICATION
You will need to have a CSCS card to work on a construction site. Please see the below CSCS cards available for plasterers and links for more information.
2. Skills duties
Skills you will need:
- Good maths skills to work out quantities/prices and areas.
- Understand building plans
- Health and safety awareness
- Measuring and mixing materials to plaster to walls and ceilings
- Fibrous plastering involves creating ornamental plaster work
- Solid plastering involves applying wet finishes to surfaces
- Dry lining involves fixing wall partitions and internal plaster boards
3. Career progression
Newly trained: £14,000 – £18,000
Experienced: £18,000 – £25,000
Highly Experience: £30,000
Salaries depend on location, employer and any overtime you may do. Self-employed general construction operatives set their own pay rates.
5. Top plasterer job locations
6. Featured plasterer jobs
Construction Manager / Working Foreman Carpenter for Leading 20 Years North London Property Developer - London - 4 hours ago
Loft ConvertersCSCS Managers Card. Working Foreman, Site Manager, Carpenter, Construction Manager, Multi Trade, Multi Trader, Multi Trade Operative, Plumber, Electrician,...VIEW JOB