How much does a Civil Engineer make?
We have combined a list of civil engineer salaries across the UK and also in major towns such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow.
Civil Engineer salary Ranges
- Average graduate starting salary is around £23,500.
- Typical salary of graduates aged 25 and with under two years’ experience is £26,500.
- Those with up to five years’ experience earn an approximate average of £30,000.
- The average basic salary for members of Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is £49,793.
- The average basic salary of ICE fellows is £81,447 (Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Salary Survey 2013).
Civil Engineer salary by location
|Location||Salary Range||Average Salary|
|Civil engineer Salary UK||£20,203 – £53,763||£33,303|
|Civil engineer London Salary||£23,432 – £63,542||£39,723|
|Civil engineer Manchester Salary||£21,628 – £55,891||£34,983|
|Civil engineer Birmingham Salary||£20,421 – £54,721||£33,544|
|Civil engineer Leeds Salary||£22,891 – £46,463||£32,615|
|Civil engineer Liverpool Salary||£22,739 – £52,249||£32,275|
|Civil engineer Glasgow Salary||£21,398 – £49,253||£32,433|