- The CSCS operative test pass mark is 45/50.
- The CSCS specialist test pass mark is 45/50.
- The CSCS managers and professionals pass mark is 46/50.
CSCS Test Pass Mark Explained 2019
The test consists of 50 questions across 16 categories and the candidate has to pass each category. For example if you fail ALL the questions in the – Dust and fumes (Respiratory hazards) category and pass the other categories you will fail the test.
In order to pass the test, the candidate has to meet the minimum standard for each individual category as well as for the test overall:
The test consists of 50 questions. Pre June 2019 the test contained behavioural case study questions which have now been removed to make the test less complex and the format easier.
Questions Key Sections and 16 Categories
- A – Legal and management: Accident reporting and recording | General responsibilities
- B – Health and welfare: Dust and fumes (Respiratory hazards) | Hazardous substances ○ Health and welfare | First aid and emergency procedures | Manual handling | Noise and vibration | Personal protective equipment
- C – General safety: Electrical safety, tools and equipment | Safety signs | Site transport safety and lifting operations | Fire prevention and control
- D – High risk activities: Working at height | Excavations and confined spaces
- E – Environment: Environmental awareness and waste control
CSCS Pass Mark Example
The above test result scorecard is for a candidate who failed the test. They failed to answer ANY correct questions in the Fire Prevention and Control category, if they would have have answered at least 1 question in that category correctly they would have passed.
So its important to do your revision, you can use our free CSCS mock test.