Window fitter, glass installer
Glazier job description
Roofer, tile roofs, re-slate, replace lead sheeting, cladding and fit sky lights.
Average salary per year
Average range salary per year
£12,000 - £27,000
1. How to become – cards and qualifications
There are no set requirements to become a glazier. Employer would like to see if you can work with glass, you could become a glaziers assistant or a labourer.
2. Skills duties
Skills you will need:
- Good maths skills to work out quantities/prices and areas.
- Understand building plans
- Health and safety awareness
- Preparing glass for the job
- Removing broken panes, beading, and putty
- Measuring skills to work out glass dimensions fot the job
- Sealing and watertight glass
- Using a diamond and wheel cutting tools to shape glass for the job
- Working with glass panels and double glazing units
3. Career progression
Experience glaziers can work on restoration work on churches or listed buildings.
You could also work in the automotive industry, repairing and replacing windscreens on vehicles.
|Starter||£12,000 – £17,000|
|Experienced||£20,000 – £23,000|