There are no set requirements to become a glazier. Employer would like to see if you can work with glass, you could become a glaziers assistant or a labourer.
1. Preparing glass for the job
2. Removing broken panes, beading, and putty
3. Measuring skills to work out glass dimensions fot the job
4. Sealing and watertight glass
5. Using a diamond and wheel cutting tools to shape glass for the job.
6. Working with glass panels and double glazing units
Glazier Average Salaries
Newly trained: £12,000 - £17,000
Experienced: £20,000 - £23,000
Highly Experience: £27,000
Salaries depend on location, employer and any overtime you may do. Self-employed general construction operatives set their own pay rates.